WHAT WILL MY NAVIGATOR DO?
The Memory Care Navigator program is a valuable resource to patients, family members and caregivers and provides the following services:
- Assessment of the needs of the patient and family through a confidential consultation
- Development of a personalized plan of care with the patient and family that address and supports the patient’s health and health related needs
- Link patients and family members to education, support groups and assistive services in the West Valley
- Be an ongoing resource for families and caregivers as new challenges arise through different stages of dementia
- Education of patients and families about available local clinical trials that can then be discussed with a physician
- Collaborate with and communicate recommendations to each patient’s physician
AS A CAREGIVER, WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Sun Health’s Memory Care Navigator program realizes caregivers face a daunting commitment which can become taxing over time. We encourage all caregivers to focus on the four “A’s”
- An Awareness that they can’t do it alone,
- An Assessment of their situation by the Navigator, and
- An Action Plan created to meet their needs. This formal plan, developed together by the patient, family and Navigator, plays an essential role in addressing the daily challenges encountered while caring for a loved one with dementia.