At the Sun Health Center for Health & Wellbeing, we help clients achieve optimal health by providing them with the most up-to-date information, education and care. One of the most overlooked ailments we treat is long-term stress. Because it can lead to health complications when left unchecked, we teach our clients how to identify and manage stress, along with powerful evidence-based relaxation techniques proven to reduce stress and anxiety on a long-term basis.
We also offer massage therapy and acupuncture treatments, which are highly regarded for stress relief and management.
The Center for Health & Wellbeing is pleased to offer massage therapy as part of our menu of services that can reduce stress and improve overall wellbeing. Massage therapy is provided by licensed massage therapists and, while often perceived as a luxury, it has been shown to play an important role in a health regimen. According to the American Massage Therapy Association, massage therapy can improve your health and wellness by:
- Lowering stress
- Increasing immune function
- Boosting emotional health and wellness
- Managing pain
- Improving physical fitness
The Sun Health Center for Health & Wellbeing also offers licensed acupuncturist services. Acupuncture originated in China and has grown in popularity in the United States over the past two decades. Acupuncture involves the insertion of small needles or the application of heat or electrical stimulation at acupuncture points to encourage the body to heal itself and to improve functioning. These acupuncture points are located along channels of energy, called meridians, which run in regular patterns through the body.
Acupuncture can provide several health benefits, including addressing the following medical problems:
- Digestive disorders: gastritis and hyperacidity, spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea
- Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, recurrent chest infections
- Neurological and muscular disorders: facial tics, neck pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendinitis, low back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis
- Headache especially migraines
- Urinary, menstrual and reproductive problems
- Physical problems related to stress and emotional conditions
- Post-surgery pain
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Fibromyalgia, or widespread pain and tenderness of muscle and soft tissue
Call (623) 832-WELL (9355) to schedule an appointment.